Apply now for the Regenerative Agriculture Research Program!
The Regenerative Agriculture Research Program offers 12 positions to students who are committed to make a change in the way we approach agriculture through their thesis work or internship, while at the same time develop their professional and academic skills.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BEFORE MAY 30TH 2018.
Regenerative Agriculture Research program
The Regenerative Agriculture Research Program offers a 4 month research and training program for students who:
- Would like to combine their thesis/internship with an on farm learning opportunity on regenerative agriculture. Most universities offer ECTS for doing an internship or thesis project;
- Are interested in adding value with their research in practice;
- Would like to work on challenges that will make farms take the next essential steps towards restoring an ecosystem in Southern Spain;
- Would like to work next to other motivated students from different disciplines and learn together;
- Would like to start building a professional international network;
- Would like to learn skills that matter in their personal and professional life while doing their research.
During the Regenerative Agriculture Research Program you will spend most of your time on your research project. However, you will also participate in a wide variety of research sessions, workshops, lectures and assignments to help you with your research project and to prepare you for life after university. During the program you will:
- Develop your own research project related to your field of study and connected to a current need on the farm. This research project can be your thesis or (research) internship;
- Participate in farm and restoration work on La Junquera for one day a week. The work and projects will be related to a monthly theme that connects to the activities on the farm that month (planting, pruning, restoring natural areas, harvesting, biodiversity etc.);
- Participate in guest lectures and visits to other regenerative farms in the area. These lectures will focus on regenerative practices and research and will connect you to local stakeholders and experts in the field of regenerative agriculture;
- Engage in intense workshops and training sessions focussed on capacity training. We focus on different skills that will help you with you project (e.g. project planning, listening, collaboration skills, storytelling, system thinking etc.) and your personal and professional development.
Research theme’s you can work on
- Conservation, regenerative farming and wildlife management
- Best practices for restoration
- Soil management
- Regenerative pest management
- Value chains & business cases
- Regenerative livestock management
- Ecosystem services and valuation
- Catchment and water management
- Social change and stakeholder engagement
We co-create research questions together with the farm and our students. We help you with developing a research project that you can use for your thesis or internship and formulate an appropriate output so you can receive your ECTS.
Submit your application before May 30th 2018. The interviews will take place in June 2018.
November 2018 - March 2019
(holiday between Dec 22 - Jan 6)
Februari 2019 - June 2019
(holiday between April 20 - May 5)
3rd year BSc students
3rd or 4th year HBO students
(accommodation, office & local transport)
(program & guidance)
EU students can apply
for a €375/month Erasmus scholarship
We do not offer places for volunteers. For volunteering opportunities contact Ecosystem Restoration Camps